So, it’s time to move, and it pays to have a game plan ready beforehand. There are a hundred variables in play whenever you have to take all of your belongings and haul them across town.
That’s why we’d like to help you create a checklist of the most essential local moving tasks. This will ensure you don’t forget something crucial. While this isn’t an exhaustive list of every item, it’ll help you develop a more organized moving scheme.
An Essential Local Moving Checklist
- Make a Moving Plan - With Stages and Specific Steps
- Even a “quick” move from one side of town to the other may prove to be more complicated and arduous than you’d imagine. We often help folks get from Sarasota to nearby Bradenton, or vice versa, and it helps to hammer out the logistics. This includes taking enough time off work to make the move, making sure you have enough friends or family to help you unpack at your new place, and so forth.
- Timing is one of the most important components. While you can probably handle vacating a small, one-bedroom apartment in one day, it’s important to budget plenty of time if you’re leaving a larger home.
- Move By Yourself or Hire a Moving Company?
- Again, it’s easier to move by yourself if you’re leaving a humble abode with fewer heavy items. However, if you have lots of appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, furniture, etc.), you might struggle to move everything with just you and a couple of friends. You can eliminate lots of stress, physical labor, and time by hiring a reliable moving company, like Big Mike’s.
- Set a Budget for Purchasing the Truck, Packing Items, & Other Equipment
- Folks often forget that there are several expenses involved with moving. When you decide to “DIY” the entire operation, you have to account for the truck cost, packaging supplies, moving dollies, gas for the truck, and more. Of course, you can condense this into a much easier arrangement by letting us manage more of it for you.
- Don’t Forget to Inventory Your Home & Belongings
- This might seem obvious, but make sure you know what you have and whether it can fit into a smaller truck, or whether you’ll need something larger. You may also need to explore additional storage space if you can’t move everything immediately.
Like many other life tasks, it really helps to write things down and check them off as you go. As you might have noticed, this process can overwhelm folks rather easily. That’s why we offer to lighten the burden for you.
For further assistance with either local or long-distance moving, consider the effective services of Big Mike’s Moving & Storage. Our 100% Price Guaranteed efforts include packing, truck loading, truck driving, unloading, storage, and more. You can learn more about us and our affordable moving rates by calling 941-626-2356.